TRIPAWDS: Home to 13122 Members and 1146 Blogs.
HOME » NEWS » BLOGS » FORUMS » CHAT » FACEBOOK » TWITTER » RANDOM BLOG

Tripawds Supporter sites have no ads!
header image

Here’s the Latest

Posted by: | May 21, 2010 | 14 Comments |

Tripawds is a user-supported community. Thank you for your support!

Wow…. I can’t believe it’s been since late March since Mom let me on the computer.  She is doing homework for school ALL the time.  She is so very busy that I have been dishing out my Drama Queen act any chance I can, just to get a snuggle here and there.  I have decided to give her a break at night though.  If you recall I was waking Mom up all the time at night to go potty, or just to complain about something silly like Emmy stealing my nap spot.  Well, I don’t think Mom liked it when I did that, she would get very grumpy and impatient.

My health has been great.  I am still having a little trouble getting used to being totally blind, but I am still a very happy dog.  I love my family and I love having Mom to take care of me.  Today I de-stuffed my stuffed horsey, which made Mom really happy (kinda strange, huh?) because she hadn’t seen me do “dog things” for awhile.  I know, I am more like a cat than a dog when it comes to destroying my toys, but it just seemed like a good day to de-stuff horsey.  Mom didn’t even get grumpy when she had to clean up the fuzz all over my brother’s bedroom.  We’ve been on some car rides to the vet and to go get flowers for the garden.

I also celebrated my 18-month ampuversary on Tuesday the 11th.  We didn’t have a big pawty that day (I’ll tell you why in a second), but we did a few days later on Mom’s birthday (shhhhh…. don’t tell anypawdy, she’s 43 years old!). Mom brought me a ton of prime rib leftovers from Lucky’s Steakhouse.  And she gave me more than she gave Emmy!  Oh yes, Emmy.  If you remember from my last post, Emmy had a torn ACL.  Well, Mom decided to try going the natural route instead of surgery, and now Emmy is putting weight on her leg again and is walking fine.  Mom is really glad she followed her heart on that one, and I am too because no surgery for Emmy means I won’t be lonely, plus it means more money in Mom’s pocket to buy me more beef trachea!

Anyway, about my ampuversary.  Mom’s dear cousin Ann died and her funeral was that day. Ann was very special to my Mom because she loved animals.  She was a vet tech, and just a year ago had adopted Aretha Franklin’s dog that she had abandoned at the vet after boarding her for over 2 years.  Can you believe that?  Ann took care of Mitzi at the vet for 2 years and begged them to let her take her home to give her a good life.  Mitzi had never really known life outside of a cage, and Ann gave her a pawsome life. Mom was so angry with Aretha for abandoning her dog like that.  After Ann adopted her, Aretha called and said she wanted to give her to somebody, but the vet said not until she paid her 100K+ vet bill!  She never called back.  I think that sucks.  People like that don’t deserve to have pets. Anyway, when Ann died, someone else at the vet adopted Mitzi so that she will have a good home.  Isn’t that pawesome?

Well, I will update more soon.  My brother is graduating in a few weeks, so Mom is buried with stuff, getting ready for his pawty at the house.  I can’t wait, there will be tons of people to sniff and to pet me.  I hope to have some dog friends come to visit that day too.

Licks and Leans,

Nova

To remove ads from your site and others, upgrade to a Tripawds Supporter blog!

under: Uncategorized

14 Comments

1. By: jakesmom on May 21, 2010 at 10:37 pm

Hi Nova!

Glad to hear you’re doing well… I’m sorry about your mom’s cousin… That really sucks! Especially the story about Aretha Franklin’s doggie. So glad that someone els got to adopt it…

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of when your doggie friends come and visit you!

Angel Jake’s Mom

2. By: etgayle on May 22, 2010 at 10:20 am

nova, sounds like you had a great celebration – we don’t get meat at my house, so i’m jealous of all the prime rib treats!!! you sure are an inspiration to all us ‘youngin’s’. regarding AF…no snickers for her!!! glad to hear your sister emmy is doing better too. thanks for the update.

gayle

3. By: admin on May 22, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Thanks for the update and sharing that bit about Aretha Franklin … not exactly very respectful, eh?

4. By: cometdog on May 25, 2010 at 3:55 pm

Nova – you are fine form again!
    Happy to hear about Emmy, sad to hear about your mom’s cousin, happy to hear about d-stuffing horsey, sad to hear about Aretha, happy to hear about Mitzi. That’s sums it up!

Do you think it was nice to tell your mom’s real age? Just askin’…

Hey, can we sell the Aretha story to the tabloids? Just think how much many treats that would buy you AND Emmy!!!

Comet

5. By: LuvYourPets on May 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm

It’s so good to see this update. We’re very sorry to hear about your Mom’s cousin, Ann; she sounds like she was a very good person.

That’s terrible what Aretha did to her dog, Mitzi. And, to have the nerve to call after all that time and say it’s OK to give her away! Unbelievable!

We’re also very glad to hear Emmy’s leg is OK now. Good move, Mom, on waiting to see if it would heal on its’ own!

Again, our deepest condolences to your family in the loss of your cousin, Ann.

Love,
    Blazer, Kitty Kimber & Mom (Vicki)

6. By: Ewan on October 12, 2015 at 10:14 am

I like seeing the piceurts of the kitties! Actually kind of want to do this too but don’t wanna seem like I’m being a copy cat. Pun absolutely intended. lol. Once a month just isn’t enough. :)~Briana

7. By: http://www.www2go.info/mastersplanrealty.com on December 7, 2015 at 4:22 am

Kudos to you! I hadn’t thought of that!

8. By: http://www.url2go.site/awomanwithhobbitfeet.blogspot.com on December 10, 2015 at 4:46 am

It’s a pleasure to find someone who can identify the issues so clearly

9. By: auto insurance on January 1, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I didn’t know where to find this info then kaboom it was here.

10. By: http://www.blrimages.net/ on April 28, 2016 at 8:51 pm

SkovÃ¥rd – av löpardoijor? Jag som trodde att jag var galen i mina springskor :)HÃ¥ller tummarna för att mars blir en bra mÃ¥nad – och imponerande med 1610 armhävningar. Coolt.

11. By: car insurance on June 4, 2016 at 10:37 am

Hi There, I feel that there is definately a small bubble forming here in Vancouver now. Being a Vancouver realtor for almost 10 years now I have seen ups and downs in the market. Given our current levels of sales over listings we are not in a very good position. Overall I will be honest and say that the Canadian market is overall about 25% overvalued while the US market (some areas) are now 25% undervalue. – Rate this comment: 0  0

12. By: http://www.makeoversf.com/ on June 25, 2016 at 9:37 am

I told my grandmother how you helped. She said, “bake them a cake!”

13. By: http://www./ on July 20, 2016 at 10:03 am

If you wrote an article about life we’d all reach enlightenment.

14. By: http://www./ on July 21, 2016 at 11:06 am

Lim: Well, hard to say, because I haven't been there for a while. It's more suitable for teenagers, street fashion, accessories and stuff. You can go to , it's close to Taipei 101. Lots of stuff for shopping there. A good one for eating and my favorite is .

Leave a response